Overview Of Straightening With ALINE-SET
The old way of setting lines.
Cut or find three wood blocks at the same thickness. Fasten one stand-off block using three nails at each end of the stud wall. Stretch a line between these blocks. Then use a gauge block to check the wall alignment every 6 to 8 feet. If the wall is straight the line should barely touch the gauge block. After straightening, pry off the blocks and discard being careful of protruding nails.
No more tossing blocks or carrying blocks up the ladder.
No more excessive use of nails.
No more injuries on scrap blocks left behind.
Now learn a much better way to straighten the same wall!
The New ALINE-SET way.
Fasten two ALINE-SETs using one nail each at both ends of the stud wall. Stretch a line between the ALINE-SETs. Then use a third ALINE-SET to check the wall alignment every 6 to 8 feet. If the wall is straight it will gauge to the same offset. After straightening, easily remove using the claw of your hammer and place ALINE-SETs and nails back in your pouch for next time.
Easily accessible and convenient.
One nail for improved efficiency.
Removes quickly and easily for added safety.
New ALINE-SET from Simmons Innovations is the most effective gauge block on the market today. ALINE-SET is better than anything you have used before because it:
- Fits easily into tool belt/apron (no more looking for wooden blocks)
- Durable, rigid plastic is lightweight and can be used day in and day out
- Requires only 1 nail instead of 2 or 3
- Quick and easy removal
- Multiple offset options: ¼”, ¾”, 1″, 1 ½”
- Manufactured to exact specifications to ensure consistency
Reduces Worker’s Compensation Claims & OSHA Violations
- No more nails sticking out of scrap blocks
- No more carrying cumbersome blocks up the ladder
- No more tossing blocks to co-workers
- Plus, ALINE-SET removes easily for better balance